1. From Broadway to big-name concerts, to musicals & comedy shows, Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center hosts it all! Grab tickets to a show as you plan for your weekend in Midland and make reservations at one of our delicious local foodie favorites for before or after the show.
2. See the world’s largest collection of antique oil drilling equipment at the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum! Tour the Mineral Gallery to view over 90 mineral specimens from around the world. Whether you're interested in history, science, or even race cars - you're sure to learn something new at the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum.
3. Did you know one of only a few Spitz SciDome HD Star Projectors in the world is located in Midland, TX at the Marion Blakemore Planetarium? Soar among the stars in the Helen Greathouse Discovery Dome and learn more about the solar system with your feet firmly on the ground.
4. If you're planning your trip during Midland's warmer months, Summer Mummers at the Yucca Theatre is not to be missed! Summer Mummers is the oldest continuous melodrama in the U.S. and concludes with the All-American Olio, a series of short sketches, dances, and audience participation skits. Oh, and we can't forget one of the most famous aspects of Summer Mummers - the popcorn wars! Shows run from the beginning of June through the beginning of September.
5. Step back in time with a visit to the George W. Bush Childhood Home. Learn more about one of America's most well-known families and celebrate the lives of two presidents, two governors, and two first ladies who called Midland, TX home.
6. As you plan your weekend in Midland, make sure to leave a spot in the schedule for a sweet treat or three at Susie’s South Forty Confections Candy Factory! This Midland staple is a Guinness World Record-Holder for the largest piece of toffee - make sure you ask the staff about it when you stop in! Susie's South Fourty has two locations to satisfy the sweet-tooth cravings of visitors and residents alike. We recommend stopping by their location on Marienfeld St for a live look into the Candy Factory!
7. After your road trip or your flight into the Midland International Air and Spaceport, stretch your legs at the I-20 Wildlife Preserve! This 86-acre urban playa is home to wildlife, like pocket gophers, birds, rabbits, turtles, lizards and native plants. Enjoy hiking, birding, and fun events while you immerse yourself in nature.
8. You can't miss a Midland RockHounds game! While you're cheering on the home team, grab bites and brews from the concession stand, snap a selfie with Rocky the Rockhound, and take your 7th inning stretch on the splash pad at Momentum Bank Ballpark. See baseball's rising stars under the lights - the Midland RockHounds are a proud Double A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics!
9. If you're a seasoned or budding Texas History buff, the Haley Library & History Center is a must see! Home to thousands of books, original records, art, and artifacts from Texas and the American Southwest, the Haley Library has been educating and inspiring minds since 1976. Our favorite thing to see? The first bell that hung in the Alamo!
10. Looking to fullfill your need for speed? Head to Jim Hall's Chaparral Race Car Gallery, Permian Basin Petroleum Museum! For 20 years, Jim Hall and his team at Chaparral Cars designed, built and raced legendary race cars that thrilled fans, amazed the competition and were considered the most innovative cars of their time. Tour through the exhibits and learn how this crew from Midland, TX took racecars to new levels of performance.