VISITMIDLAND SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT
To engage in economic development by supporting and enhancing quality sport & entertainment events in Midland.
The VisitMidland Sports & Entertainment (VMSE) grant is available to events that are open to the public and held in Midland. Applicants must be organizations seeking to produce and promote a well-defined tourism-oriented sport or entertainment event. These funds are to assist qualified organizations with the promotion of tourism activities striving to directly increase hotel/motel occupancy through visitors while creating a positive image for Midland. Available funds will be assigned to the events which best advance the aim of this program. Please note, the VMSE grant will not be the sole source of funding for any event. The event organizer is expected to secure additional funding for the event. It should be the intention of the organization’s event to eventually be self-sustaining. The Committee will be looking for events which contribute to Midland in one or more of the following ways:
• Economic impact on the community
• Majority of the participants are from out-of-town
• Multi-day events which encourage overnight stays in the community
• First-time events with the potential to become annual events
• Dates of the event – priority will be given to events held during off-peak times
(i.e. Memorial Day, Labor Day, from Christmas to New Years, etc.)
Contact for more information or to apply for a grant.