For Immediate Release
For more information and to schedule an interview, contact:
Kathryn Shelley (432) 699‐1261, Kathryn@AphasiaWTx.org
On Friday, May 30, the Permian Basin is invited to Satisfaction, the internationally‐touring tribute show dedicated to the “World’s Greatest Rock & Roll Band,” the Rolling Stones. This highly acclaimed production showcases the most authentic cast and costuming audiences have ever witnessed. The likes of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and a supporting cast will take the stage at Cimarex Energy Pavilion at Grande Stadium at 5514 Champions Drive. The FREE concert features over 50 years of classic Rolling Stones hits such as Wild Horses, Ruby Tuesday, (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.
The annual concert raises awareness and funds for the Aphasia Center of West Texas – this region’s ongoing, flagship resource for individuals and families coping with a loss of language, typically occurring after stroke. Sponsor tables with reserved seating, valet parking, a catered dinner, plus private bar and facilities are available at www.aphasiawtx.org/Satisfaction.
“This fun event draws people from our entire region for an evening of great music while growing awareness of the Aphasia Center. When stroke and aphasia strike, we want people to know of this amazing resource helping people re‐engage in life’s activities and interactions,” said David Ham, 2014 Event Co‐chair.
Museum of the Southwest will provide children’s activities. Raffle prizes include an Electra Cruiser Bicycle courtesy Peyton’s Bikes, a Spa Package courtesy La Debo Na Salon and Day Spa, and a Kindle Fire HD. Raffle tickets will be available that night at the Aphasia Center booth and ahead of time at Peyton’s Bikes. Gates open at 6:30. Tony Barker opens at 7 p.m. and Satisfaction take the stage at 8 p.m. No outside food or drink allowed. FREE.
- Chris LeGrand is the executive producer and cast member in the role of Mick Jagger. Chris founded the show in 2001 with the goal of producing the first touring tribute show in honor of the Rolling Stones. With over 35 years of experience in the music industry and a bachelor’s degree in business, Chris has grown the Satisfaction show into a 150 date annual touring entity. He currently resides in Dallas‐ Ft. Worth area.
- Satisfaction is the only full time touring show of its kind in the world with over 2000 concerts to date. Website: www.rollingstoneshow.com
- Stroke is the number one cause of long‐term disability in the U.S. with approximately 40% of stroke survivors acquiring aphasia (a chronic t reduction in speaking, reading and writing).
- Approximately one in every 250 people in the Permian Basin faces the challenge of aphasia.
- The Aphasia Center of West Texas empowers people with aphasia and their families with practical communication strategies, peer networking, and educational training so those coping with aphasia can live life to its fullest.
- The Aphasia Center of West Texas was the second independent aphasia center to open in the U.S.
- For more information, call 699‐1261 or www.AphasiaWTx.org.
The above information has been provided by the Aphasia Center of West Texas and distributed by the Midland Convention & Visitors Bureau. The mission of the Midland Convention & Visitors Bureau is to encourage economic growth by developing, promoting, enhancing and supporting Midland as a vibrant visitor destination.