Social Media - Marketing Summer Internship
Employer: Midland Chamber of Commerce & VisitMidland
Job Details: Part-Time Internship, Unpaid, Legacy Hours Available
About Us: The Midland Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based business organization that exists to enhance the robust business climate of Midland, Texas. All resources, programs, and events of the Chamber are designed to give businesses the opportunity to make or save money, acquire knowledge and skills, and/or make those all-important business connections.
VisitMidland is managed by the Midland Chamber. The VisitMidland team works with industry partners with a mission to encourage economic growth by developing, promoting, enhancing, and supporting Midland as a vibrant visitor destination. VisitMidland targets several visitor markets including associations, government, SMERF organizations, sports, entertainment, group tours, and leisure visitors. The team is also able to provide assistance to local residents when planning large group events (such as reunions, weddings, etc). and is focused on encouraging economic growth by developing, promoting, enhancing, and supporting Midland as a vibrant visitor destination.
Work Schedule & Environment:
The internship allows for remote work to be done on your own time. Office space is available should you choose to utilize it. The position entails 10-15 hours of work per week and will begin June 1, 2021 and run through August 6, 2021. Regular check-ins and communication will be scheduled with your supervisor.
- Maintain the Chamber and VisitMidland’s social media accounts by using a social media calendar to schedule posts. (Platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn)
- Manage the blog section of VisitMidland.com by writing articles and taking correlating photos.
- VisitMidland event calendar management and production of the weekly “Weekend Rollout” video showcasing weekend events taking place in Midland and monthly Featured Five videos promoting local businesses.
- Generate social media content by taking photos/videos within the Midland community for VisitMidland and the Chamber
- Brainstorm social media campaign ideas.
- Understand the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving social platforms and internal processes.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Experience with content management systems, word processor applications, and image/video editing software
- Premiere Pro and/or video creation experience preferred
- Interested in social media trends
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism, marketing, or graphic design
- Must be a Midland or local resident
- Prior related experience is preferred
We are looking for someone with a passion for the Midland community! The experience to be gained and connections made from this opportunity will be valuable for your future.
Complete the short application and submit your resume, and supporting documents here: https://forms.gle/Mfi3VFdyd2nujPpk9